We also use advertising identifiers which are similar to cookies and are found on many mobile devices and tablets. Like cookies, advertising identifiers are used to make online advertising more relevant. Advertising cookies and advertising identifiers use information about your use of our Platform, your response to ads and electronic messages, and to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “internet based advertising”.
What is a ‘Cookie’?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your internet browsing device (e.g. computer, tablet or phone) when you visit or use our Platform or see one of our adverts elsewhere on the internet. Cookies enable us to ‘remember’ who you are when your computer or device first visit our Platform, and keeps you logged in for repeat visits, if you consent. Information from cookies may include information relating to your use of our Platform, information about your computer or device (such as IP address and browser type), and demographic data. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally.
The type of cookies and other tracking technologies used on our Platform can be categorized as follows:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. As the name suggest, these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into our Platform, make purchases and avail our services. Without these cookies, you will not be able to access some parts of our Platform. These Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user.
- Performance Cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Platform. This helps us to improve the way our Platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user.
- Functionality Cookies. 3.These are used to recognise you when you return to our Platform. These cookies enable us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These cookies may collect your personal data to the extent you have disclosed, and if you do not accept these cookies, then it may restrict the content on our Platform, and affect the performance and functionality of our Platform to you.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. Targeting cookies are used to help in providing users with adverts that are relevant to them by collecting information about their browsing habits and Platform usage. They can also be used to allow third parties to display relevant and personalised ads to users through their networks, to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and to limit the number of times you see the same advert.
- Third Party Cookies. Our Platform may also display content from a third party website or service, which may result in cookies from third parties being stored on your hard drive or browser. We do not control the storage and use of these cookies by these third parties and you should refer to the privacy policies of the relevant third parties for more information.
- Technically support effective operation of our Platform, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- Market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- Enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns.
- Enable us meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How to reject and manage your Cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies we use on our Platforms you can do this within your browser settings. The Help function within your browser should tell you how to do this. For further information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. For information about advertising cookies and instructions on how to disable them, visit www.youronlinechoices.com.